Headaches & Migraine Treatment
Headaches and migraines may be commonplace amongst the general population, but that doesn't make them trivial, as anyone who has ever been sidelined with terrible cranial pain and related symptoms can tell you. If you, or someone you know, a suffers from chronic migraine headaches, Summit Medical Care Center is here to help.
For many years medical science had no better cure than the use of painkilling drugs that might relieve or shorten a headache without ever addressing the underlying causes.
Fortunately, today's treatment methods can help you enjoy long-term relief and master your headaches and migraines once and for all -- and we can provide those treatments right here in our integrative medical clinic Broomfield, CO.
Is it a Migraine?
Below are some of the most common symptoms reported with migraines/headaches:
- Mild or intense back pain
- Affects 18% of women and 6% of men in the USA
- Pulsing or throbbing pain
- Sensitivity to light and noise
- Nausea or vomiting
- Often on one side of the head
- Lasts four hours to three days
- "Vise-like" pressure or ache around the head; no throbbing
- Tightness in the neck
- Occurs in forehead, temples or back of the head and neck
- Lasts 30 minutes to seven days
- Affects less than 1% of population mostly men
- Also called suicide headache
- Piercing pain on one side
- Often accompanied by eye pain or watering, runny nose
- Lasts 30 to 45 minutes and recurs in clusters in the same day
- Can go on for weeks or months, then stop for months or years
- Pressure around the nose and cheeks and under the eyes
- Usually accompanied by a fever and infection or allergies
Headache and Migraine Treatment at Summit Medical Care Center
Tension headaches are the most common kind of headaches. The name is attributed to the association with muscle tension in the neck, jaw and head region -- especially one particular muscle called the RCPM muscle. This muscle is attached to a highly sensitive membrane at the base of the skull known as the dura mater. Then the RCPM muscle goes into spasm and tugs on the dura mater, a headache results. A misalignment of the cervical spine can also create this situation.
Migraines are harder to explain, but they involve a complex chain of interactions between abnormal serotonin levels and changes in cranial blood pressure, which in turn affect the trigeminal nerve. Migraines can cause not only pain but also vision problems, nausea, vomiting, and hypersensitivity to light and sound. They may be triggered by a variety of stimuli, from weather changes and hormonal imbalances to certain foods.
MiRx Protocol: Real Relief for Headaches or Migraines
Our experienced team here at our Summit Medical Care Center offers an innovative new treatment program for safe, effective control of headaches and migraines called the MiRx Protocol.
Research has shown that migraines and headaches are controlled by a nerve cluster called the Sphenopalatine Ganglion (SPG) located in a difficult-to-reach area of the nasal cavity.With the MiRx Protocol, the nasal spray is able to reach the SPG to provide instant headache relief without the hassle of other invasive treatments. Learn more about how it works by clicking here .
Stop your migraines and headaches in Broomfield for good. Call us today to schedule an appointment to see if you're a candidate for the MiRx Protocol treatment program.