As you may know, modern medicine has introduced some amazingly sophisticated techniques and technologies to advance the cause of healing. But don't discount the remarkable healing power of the human touch, as administered by a skilled massage therapist. Massage is far more than a soothing treat at your local spa -- it's a powerful healing method in its own right, with a wide range of specific techniques aimed at addressing particular problems. That's why we offer massage therapy at Summit Medical Care Center.
Massage therapy conveys remarkable benefits to the human body. For one thing, it can loosen muscles that are holding onto chronic or acute stress, providing a profound degree of emotional and physical relief while also relieving stress's negative effects on immune response. Enhanced blood and lymph circulation provides an additional immune system boost to help your body fight disease -- which is one reason massage therapy is recommended for many cancer patients. Looser muscles provide greater, more comfortable range of motion. Some forms of massage can even relieve chronic aches and pains that you've suffered from for years.
Summit Medical Care Center can prescribe specific types of therapeutic massage to suit your needs. These may include:
- Swedish massage - This gentle, popular form of massage therapy loosens tight muscles near the skin surface while also boosting blood flow. We recommend it for stress relief, to speed healing and to improve immune function.
- Deep tissue massage - This more aggressive form of massage focuses on muscles and fascia (a kind of connective tissue) buried deeper down in the body. It can be very helpful for breaking up adhesions, internal scar tissue that "glues" tissues together and reduces their mobility.
- Trigger point massage - Trigger points are hard, stubborn knots of muscle tissue that produce pain, both locally and relayed along nerve pathways to other parts of the body. Trigger point massage can help undo these knots, making it invaluable for managing conditions such as fibromyalgia.
- Sports massage - This combination of massage techniques is directed at the specific muscle groups most vulnerable to overuse and strain in your favorite sport. It not only helps athletes heal more effectively and with less pain, but it can also help loosen key muscles right before an important event.
- Prenatal massage - Gentle prenatal massage sessions can help reduce and manage the aches, pains and swelling that accompany pregnancy.
Get Your Massage Therapy at Summit Medical Care Center
Now that you know the many ways massage therapy can benefit you, the next logical step is to reach out for that help. Call Summit Medical Care Center at (303) 466-3232 to schedule an initial consultation.
Ready to Schedule a Consultation?